Did y’all know that last weekend was NYC’s bridal market? Brides did a great job of posting all the latest runway looks (which will be the designers’ Spring 2016 lines), and of course I eagerly devoured each photo slideshow. Here’s the thing about runway bridal fashion, though: Sometimes, I just can’t picture the ensembles on actual brides. Many of the dresses (or pantsuits, or crop tops) are just too modern and high fashion-looking for an actual Carolina girl’s wedding (examples: here, here, and here). The dresses that caught my eye from bridal market were the ones that I could actually see my friends and family members in. They’re still different and unique and fresh, but they don’t look like they would only be appropriate on the cover of Vogue. I’ve collected all of my favorites here to share with y’all…let me know which ones you like best!
1. Reem Acra: Silk chiffon bateau neck dress with embroidered bodice and low back detail.
2. Reem Acra: Bateau neck silk taffeta ball gown with embroidered bodice and low back.
3. “Ella” by Monique Lhuillier: Tulle a-line dress with floral overlay
4. “Roma” by Monique Lhuillier: Chantilly lace strapless corset ball gown with tulle skirt.
5. Ines di Santo: Lace wedding gown with tulle skirt.
6. Maggie Sottero: V-neck wedding gown with lace appliques.
7. Maggie Sottero: Scalloped v-neck a-line wedding gown.
8. Oscar de la Renta: Strapless lace and organza tiered ball gown with sweetheart neckline
9. Marchesa: Strapless tulle fishtail with floral threadwork and architectural seam line.
10. Marchesa: Corded lace a-line dress with bateau neckline and elbow-length sleeves.
11. Amsale: Champagne dress with gold beading.
12. Amsale: Gold beaded strapless ball gown.
13. Amsale: Classic taffeta ball gown.
14. Carolina Herrera: all over lace wedding gown.
15. Carolina Herrera: Vintage lace mermaid wedding gown.
16. Hayley Paige: Geometric print spaghetti strap wedding gown.
17. Hayley Paige: Fitted silk and lace wedding gown with long lace sleeves.
(All photos via Brides, obviously).