All the little things bringing me joy lately:
1. Spring is finally here! I’ve enjoyed spending some time outside on warmer days with Ru pup, and I got to spend a fun afternoon with my mom exploring beautiful Pullen Park in Raleigh!
2. A completed shower renovation. Back in December, we began renovations on our master bathroom shower to correct some issues that were causing mold. Our shower is finally complete, and I am thrilled to be able to use it again and not have to clean it every few days!
3. YogaFest NC. I recently went to YogaFest NC with my mom and sister and had a lot of fun trying new yoga styles!
4. A friend texted me recently while at UNC’s School of Journalism to let me know that my undergraduate research study poster was still hanging in the school! It was neat to see my poster for the first time in years and reflect back on my research, which I spent so much time and hard work completing.
5. I celebrated my 29th birthday in March! I’m grateful for another year of life.
6. Lent fasting. This year, my church has engaged in weekly fasts on a variety of topics (food, clothing, possessions, spending, media, etc.). I have gotten a lot out of these exercises and discussions. I had the opportunity to host a documentary screening of The True Cost during the week on clothing, and it was really amazing to have my faith community engaging with me on a topic I feel so passionate about.
7. Trader Joe’s Hummus with Freshly Ground Horseradish. I recently discovered this hummus at TJ’s and am in love. It has a wonderful little kick!
8. Trader Joe’s Garlic Spread & Dip. While we’re on the topic of yummy Trader Joe’s snacks, I also want to shout out their garlic dip. It’s completely vegan but still somehow creamy! Makes it so much more delicious to eat my veggies!
9. Hosting book club. March is my month to host my book club, which I always enjoy! My book selection was The Language of Flowers by Vanessa Diffenbaugh, which I read last year and greatly enjoyed. The book covers some heavy topics, but ultimately I think it’s a wonderful story of redemption, resilience, and hope.
10. Tour of Fine Spaces. I love looking at other people’s homes and appreciating their innovative design ideas! I went on the Junior League of Winston-Salem’s Tour of Fine Spaces yesterday with my husband’s family and had a blast. I even found an idea or two that I may realistically implement in my own home!
What’s bringing you joy lately? Drop me a note in the comments!
Click here to read previous Small Joys posts.
P.S. – This post may contain affiliate links, which means I may receive a small commission (at no cost to you) if you purchase a product using a link from this post. Read more here about my disclaimers/disclosures.