All the little things bringing me joy lately:
1. Surviving the creepy stalker van. I had to drive a big transit van for a work event the first weekend of June. It had a driver’s seat, a passenger seat, and then the entire back was gutted to hold equipment. The sides had no windows, and it definitely looked like a creepy van that someone would use to kidnap children. Also, it was HUGE. I felt like I was driving a bus…I had to reach down for the steering wheel, and it seemed like my feet could barely touch the gas and brake pedals. I drove it up and down several mountains and parked it in busy parking lots and NO ONE DIED. I consider this one of my greatest victories in life.
2. Summer. This is my season, y’all. I am loving my sun-kissed skin and warm evenings when it stays light until nearly 9:00 PM.
3. Lip recovery. I have had lip swelling issues since I was 13. I had a big flare up in the two weeks leading up to my brother-in-law’s wedding. My lips were GIANT, covered in blisters, and super painful. I couldn’t smile and had difficulty eating. It was the worst flare-up I’ve had in at least a decade. Thankfully we finally found a medication that the swelling would respond to, and I looked like a normal person in time for the wedding week! I am so happy to smile and eat normally again.
4. Pride Month. I loved experiencing Pride Month all throughout June. It was really amazing to see so many affirming posts on social media as well as public declarations of love and acceptance. I know that my life is better for knowing individuals who are part of the LGBTQIA+ community, and I am grateful that they had an opportunity last month to be celebrated for who they are.
5. New clothes! I did some consignment shopping in June and got some amazing new pieces for summer. I’m sure they’ll be making appearances on the blog/Instagram soon!
6. Hot Summer Nights at DPAC. Some friends and I recently went to see Jen Hatmaker and Heather Land at DPAC as part of their Hot Summer Nights tour. These ladies are so gosh darn funny and wise. I have long been a Jen Hatmaker fan, but I hadn’t heard of Heather until this show. She was pee-in-your-pants funny and is also an incredible singer. I will definitely continue to follow her.
7. This chalk drawing that I stumbled across while walking my dog in my neighborhood:
9. And lastly but definitely not least, as I alluded to earlier, my brother-in-law got married in June! I now have the best brother-in-law AND the best new sister-in-law! Their wedding was absolutely gorgeous, and I am so incredibly happy for them. What a not-so-small joy it was to celebrate their love!
What’s bringing you joy lately? Drop me a note in the comments!
P.S. – This post contains affiliate links, which means I may receive a small commission (at no cost to you) if you purchase a product using a link from this post. Read more here about my disclaimers/disclosures.