Who loves locally picked apples and Ferris wheels and gorgeous golden light? Everyone, that’s who. Y’all are going to love the stunning real engagement photos I have to share with you today courtesy of Rob + Kristen Photography. Erin and Casey chose to have their photos taken at the North Carolina State Fair this past October, and the results are simultaneously playful, intimate, and a little bit whimsical. The love these two have for each other is so obvious and tender.
It’s officially that time of year in North Carolina when you can smell ACC basketball fever in the air! Here in the South, we tend to take college sports pretty seriously. Whether you’re painting your chest orange in Death Valley during the fall or freezing your tail off in Krzyzewskiville waiting for tickets come winter, chances are you have a loyalty and you’re sticking to it. Why not incorporate your love for your alma mater or favorite team into your wedding? Here are some ideas about how:
1. Your venue: Many colleges and universities have beautiful outdoor areas if you’re getting married during the warmer months, and oftentimes alumni centers, performance halls, and university-owned chapels can be rented as venues as well. Nothing shows your love for your school like saying your vows on sacred ground!
Anyone who knows me knows I’m a sucker for pups. If I had had a dog at the time of my own wedding, I’m sure he or she would have been present at some point in the day! Here are some of my favorite photos showing how fellow dog-lovers incorporated their sweet pups into their weddings and dressed them for the occasion. Whether serving as flower girls or enthusiastic portrait posers, these dogs are clearly enjoying their owners’ big day!
Hello hello belles! As usual, there are lots of things I’m loving on the Internet lately, so here’s a roundup of my favorite articles. The theme today is bridesmaids: how to pick them, what their duties are, and even some tips on helping the bride pee while she’s still zipped inside her big dress! Hope you enjoy….
1. 7 tips for picking out your bridesmaids via Loverly
Happy New Year’s Eve, y’all! 2014 has been such a good year. After all, it was just this year that I published the blog’s first post to the interwebs! In celebration of the fabulous year it has been, I am recapping the blog’s five most popular posts. Starting with number five….
5. Real Wedding: Seaside Splendor in Early Spring (This was the first real wedding published on the blog!)
Do you adore all things sparkle and glitter, but don’t want your wedding to seem like something out of a child’s dress up box? Consider getting married on New Year’s Eve, which, as we all know, is one day when there is no such thing as too much glitz. Bonus: Many of your guests will have the next day off from work, giving them plenty of time to rest after your all-night soiree! Today’s wedding inspiration pulls in all the best parts of New Year’s Eve celebrations: a swanky atmosphere, festive attire, champagne, and of course a confetti drop at midnight. Enjoy!
Merry Christmas, y’all!! Isn’t this the most wonderful time of the year? I’m such a sucker for it. The festivities, the warmth and laughter, the food, and the general good-naturedness of the season is inviting and contagious. Considering a Christmas-time wedding? There are so many colors (metallics, icy blues, red, green, etc.) and popular motifs (snowflakes, Christmas trees, gingerbread cookies, etc.) associated with the holidays that it helps to just go ahead and pick a specific one to start with and work around that as your base. Today, I’ve done that with one of my favorite wintery motifs: the pinecone! The brown color pairs nicely with traditional evergreen and crimson hues, which makes for a cozy wedding atmosphere. Enjoy!
Pinning images of stunning florals and wedding gowns never gets old, but sometimes you just have to get down to logistics when you’re planning a large event with lots of moving parts. And that’s what all of these articles are about. Here’s what I’m loving around the Internet lately:
4. How to Brand Your Wedding: I struggled so much to do this for my own wedding, probably because I love everything wedding-related! If you’re having trouble focusing in, this is a great read.
5. 8 Wedding Traditions You Might Actually Want to Hold On To: I actually held on to all of them except #7…but I can totally see why couples would want to do that one, too!
6. How to Brace Yourself For Unexpected Wedding Weather: Start thinking about this early, y’all! Also, on an unrelated side note, the photo included in the article (below) is by a photographer from NC!
And while we’re on that topic….
7. 30 Photos of Newlyweds Who Made It Through the Rain: Because if it rains, it rains, and you’re gonna have to find a way to have fun anyway!
What are y’all loving lately? Share with me! Clearly I need to branch out from Loverly…but I just love all of their stuff!
Y’all, can you believe 2014 is drawing to a close?? In some ways, it seems like the year just began…and yet, so much has happened between January 1st and now. For me personally, that includes graduating from my Master’s program, starting this blog (!!), moving to a new city, beginning a new full-time job (unfortunately I don’t just get to sit around blogging all day – sigh), gettin’ hitched, and making lots of wonderful memories with friends and family. And for the world at large, there were lots of weddings in 2014. Lots of love. Lots of celebrating. A lot of commitment, and joy, and new beginnings. Don’t worry though, that’s about as deep and meaningful as this post is going to get…the rest is my light-hearted commentary on my favorite and least favorite wedding details from 2014. Without further ado….
My absolute favorite trends from 2014 weddings:
1. Cookie Favors