Happy holiday weekend, belles! Whether you’re off on a fun adventure, lounging by the pool, or getting cozy with your couch, I hope you’re having a lovely one! Here are all of the little things I’m grateful for lately:
All the little things that I’ve been loving lately. 🙂
1. My birthday! I celebrated my birthday in mid-March with mi familia. My parents, my sister, and her boyfriend + pup came up to celebrate with me. We went to Bull City Ciderworks, ate lots of delicious gluten-free food, went shopping, played games, and watched basketball. It was delightful!
Here are all of the little things that have been bringing me joy lately!
1. My birthday month! March is the month of my birth, and it always makes me so excited. I have this affinity with March, like she is a close friend. She feels comfortable and happy and familiar and sparkly. Hey, March! Glad you’re here! Read More
1. Simple Truth Sweet Potato Chips. All of my friends and family are probably sick of hearing me talk about how much I love Kroger. But seriously. They have the best prices and a huge selection of organic/gluten-free/natural products. Their Simple Truth line is free from 101 artificial preservatives and ingredients and is often organic as well. I have been buying Simple Truth products for awhile but just recently tried the sweet potato chips. Oh, y’all. So good. Especially paired with pimiento cheese (is that weird?).
Y’all, I think I could write an entire post about the little joys from this weekend alone. I love this time of year! Twinkly lights, holiday parties, festive desserts, and cheery drinks are my jam. It’s been an easy season for finding joy!
1. Christmas lights. I’ve already mentioned it, but it’s worth saying again. All of these twinkly lights have made me so excited! I’ve put shots of some of my favorite neighborhood lights up on Insta stories, and y’all seem to be loving it, too! Read More
For the most part, this fall has been pretty good so far. But, there have been a few crap things that have happened in our family. This can take a toll on my spirit, as I am an empath who tends to feel others’ hurts and a spiritual searcher who is constantly bothered by and trying to make sense of the fact that bad things happen to innocent people and animals. Consciously cultivating gratitude is a good way to also acknowledge all of the goodness around me! Here’s what’s bringing me joy lately:
1. Tate’s cookies. They make some of my favorite gluten-free chocolate chip cookies! They are perfectly crispy and buttery. Gluten lovers also adore them! Just make sure you buy the gluten-free version, as Tate’s also makes regular gluten cookies.
Spring has sprung, days are sunny, and there’s so much to be grateful for! About time for another Small Joys post, right??
Actually, truth be told, I was struggling with some major discontentment this morning. After wallowing for a bit, I convinced myself that the best way to snap out of it was to cultivate gratitude. So, here I am!
Here are the little things that have been bringing me joy lately: Read More
1. Our thankfulness board. In the month of November, Wes and I wrote down something each day that we were thankful for on the large chalkboard in our kitchen. Looking at it each day made me realize just how much I have to be joyful about. Gratitude turns even the smallest things into more than enough. Read More
Lately, I’ve been realizing how important it is to find joy and gratitude in the normal, everyday-type days of our lives. You won’t have a joyful life if you sit around waiting for big, momentous occasions to be joyful. I always love reading the “Small Joys” posts by Cristina over at Grace Like Rain–they inspire me to think about those little, everyday joys that I often overlook in my own life. I am so excited that Cristina (whose engagement photos were featured on the blog awhile back, by the way!) is letting me take a page out of her own book by starting my own “Small Joys” posts. Welcome to volume 1! I hope that these posts will inspire you to find gratitude for the small things. Here are the little joys in my life as of late: Read More