All the little things bringing me joy lately:
1. sweetp.design. My amazingly talented mother-in-law launched the website for her company, sweetp.design! Go check it out for fun, colorful, beachy artwork! Available on notecards, cocktail napkins, coasters, and of course as original art pieces. I’m giving away a set of her notecards on Instagram…go enter to win!
2. Our fifth foster dog, Pippa. I honestly believe this dog was sent to me at this specific moment in my life for a reason…and I don’t really believe stuff like that too often. Having her around has brought me healing in a very real way. She has the sweetest, most fun personality. We wanted to foster fail with her so badly, but ultimately we decided she would be best served in a home with another dog to play with (our Ru is an old grump and in the couch potato phase of his life, not the play-all-day phase). So grateful for this sweet angel hound with floppy ears!
3. Green Dreamer Podcast, Episode 2. I really enjoyed listening to this interview with Bea Johnson, the founder of the Zero Waste movement. It was interesting hearing about how she got interested in zero waste and some of the specifics about how she and her family live. Also, she seems like such a nice person! Someone I’d love to know in real life.
4. More beach time! Summer 2020 was honestly one of the best in a long time because I got to escape to the beach THREE whole times. Such a dream for this lover of the Carolina coast! COVID silver linings.
5. Truly Lemonades. A friend/co-worker recommended these to me, and I’m hooked! I am not a fan of regular Truly seltzers (unlike the entire rest of the world, apparently), so I wasn’t sure how I’d feel about these. They are DIVINE. Just enough sweetness, great flavor, not too much bad crap added in. Love!
6. Building a house. Wes and I are officially under contract to build a house! This was an unexpected development this year and one that I am sure you will be hearing about more on Fairly Southern. We are downsizing just a bit, designing a house that will better suit our needs, and moving to a really great location that will be incredibly convenient for both of our jobs. Exciting!
7. thredUP. I don’t know why, but I always seem to forget about thredUP. I bought a pair of amazing shoes from thredUP for my sister’s wedding last fall, then promptly forgot about it again. I reacquainted myself a few weeks ago and scored some great finds! I bought two tops, a crossbody bag, and a pair of fall booties for just $85. And all sustainably secondhand! (Use this link to get a $10 credit on your first thredUP order! And be sure to check out my tips for online consignment shopping if you’re going to do some shopping yourself.)
What’s bringing you joy lately, friends?