To be honest, I’m not one to love things that are “trendy” when it comes to weddings. I love a classic feel…details you can look back on 30 years later and still love. However, I have to admit I am smitten with the latest trend in wedding cakes: gorgeous watercolor designs and hand-painted details. Here are some of my favorite hand-painted and watercolor wedding cakes that I’ve spotted lately:
1. How cute is this bright floral cake with the personalized bride and groom motifs? I’m also loving the shape of the bottom tier. So modern and unique!
2. This very classic gold and white cake…proof that you can be on trend and classic at the same time!
3. This watercolor cake in sherbert tones. So dreamy!
4. I adore this pink and gold watercolor cake…so elegant!
5. This bold, bright, and beautiful hand-painted floral cake. Those colors!! In love!
6. Seriously swooning over this ornate cake with the hand-painted gold floral designs.
7. This peach and aqua watercolor goodness.
8. Loving the pretty hand-painted floral designs on this moody blues wedding cake.
Aren’t these all true works of art? There are so many hand-painted and watercolor possibilities, from bright and cheerful to dark and elegant. What do you think, belles? Are you loving any of these?