Happy holiday weekend, belles! Whether you’re off on a fun adventure, lounging by the pool, or getting cozy with your couch, I hope you’re having a lovely one! Here are all of the little things I’m grateful for lately:
1. A new (to me) consignment shop! If you’ve read any number of posts on this blog, you know that I love a good consignment shop. I discovered a new one in Raleigh a couple of weeks ago! I’ve actually walked past it a dozen times on my way in and out of Whole Foods but didn’t realize it was a consignment store. (Sidebar – does anyone else drive past things every day and take zero notice of them, until finally looking up five years later and actually realizing what that store/building/place is?? I am constantly amazed by the things I “discover” that I’ve been looking at all along! I think this is just another symptom of being constantly bombarded with external stimuli. At any rate, I digress…)
dress is super fun because they feature a mixture of consignment, boutique overstock, and new items. I went to the Wade Avenue location last week and purchased an awesome pair of distressed white designer jeans and a J. Crew tee. Can’t wait to continue to hit them up for trendy, sustainable fashion!
2. Chocolove Raspberries in Dark Chocolate. Um. How have I lived my whole life without this deliciousness? I can’t even talk about how good these are without losing my mind and turning into a total heart-eyed emoji. Just try one–you’ll see what I mean. Also, I just at this very moment learned that you can buy them in bulk on Amazon. My hubby is going to keeeeeel me.
3. Flowers. Our yard is in bloom, and I love it! My absolute favorites, our hydrangeas, came out in full force this week! Our peony game has also been strong.
4. Paint Nite! My sis-in-law and I did a dog-themed paint nite recently. I am worse at painting than many kindergarteners, but I still find it to be super fun! There is something about brushing paint onto canvas that is incredibly relaxing.
5. Weddings. We’ve attended a couple recently, and it has been great to celebrate our family and friends…and catch up with other wedding guests!
6. My Mother’s Day tulip. You can read more about it on Insta. It was such a small gesture, but it gave me the biggest smile and soul-lift! I carried my poor tulip around all day–out to brunch, to Wes’s cousin’s house, to his grandmother’s house. It looked pretty worse for the wear after a couple of hours, but it perked up again after we stuck it in some cool water.
7. Bought a new swimsuit that I ADORE! Y’all helped vote on which one I should purchase on Instastories. Can’t wait to show you which one I got!
8. My recent post about how I buy Lilly Pulitzer ethically. I’ve been thinking about this post for awhile…it’s one of my favorites!
9. Girls weekend. At the time this post publishes, I am in Charlottesville with my mom + sis having a fabulous mother/daughter weekend! Rainy skies cannot deter our excitement for adventure (and by that I mean another glass of wine)!
What are the small things that are bringing you joy lately, friends?
P.S. – I was not compensated for this post in any way. All opinions are my own! This post does contain referral links, which means that if you click on a link and purchase a product, I may receive compensation.