All the little things that I’ve been loving lately. 🙂
1. My birthday! I celebrated my birthday in mid-March with mi familia. My parents, my sister, and her boyfriend + pup came up to celebrate with me. We went to Bull City Ciderworks, ate lots of delicious gluten-free food, went shopping, played games, and watched basketball. It was delightful!
2. Cadbury eggs. Not the large cream-filled eggs, the small speckled eggs with the hard coating. I just love them, and of course this is the only time of year you can find them!
3. New ink. Recently got this beauty inked on. Am very obsessed. You can read more about it over on Insta!
4. Low-key pizza + wine nights. You know you’ve found good friends when you can just hang over a cardboard box of pizza for hours.
5. Closing down McDonald’s. You also know you’ve found good friends when you spend a wild Friday night closing down McDonald’s. Y’all, I honestly don’t think I’ve been to McDonald’s since I was 5. It’s just never been my fast food of choice. But laughing my head off with some of my favorites over M&M’s McFlurries at 11pm was something I want to do over and over again.
6. Warmer days. We’ve had some sunny, 70-degree days around here! I sat outside all afternoon the day after Easter and got a little sunburn on my arms…and it felt so right!
7. Trellis Beauty. This is a relatively new clean beauty store in North Raleigh, and I finally got to go check it out! Got me some fun goodies to try!
8. Italian Easter desserts. My Italian aunt made a bunch of delicious Italian food for Easter lunch, but my favorite was a traditional apple cake that she made gluten-free just for me. I love that European desserts tend to be a bit less sweet than American ones. Perfect when you’ve already got a full belly.
9. Adult Easter egg hunt. My friend Christie and I battled hundreds of other wackadoodle adults for 15,000 eggs scattered in a field at Dorothea Dix Park. There were some pretty fun prizes to be found, but alas, Christie and I only got candy. Best believe we’ll be back at it next year looking for jewelry boxes.
What’s been bringing you joy lately, friends?