All the little things that I’ve been loving lately. 🙂
1. My birthday! I celebrated my birthday in mid-March with mi familia. My parents, my sister, and her boyfriend + pup came up to celebrate with me. We went to Bull City Ciderworks, ate lots of delicious gluten-free food, went shopping, played games, and watched basketball. It was delightful!
2. Cadbury eggs. Not the large cream-filled eggs, the small speckled eggs with the hard coating. I just love them, and of course this is the only time of year you can find them!
3. New ink. Recently got this beauty inked on. Am very obsessed. You can read more about it over on Insta!
4. Low-key pizza + wine nights. You know you’ve found good friends when you can just hang over a cardboard box of pizza for hours.
5. Closing down McDonald’s. You also know you’ve found good friends when you spend a wild Friday night closing down McDonald’s. Y’all, I honestly don’t think I’ve been to McDonald’s since I was 5. It’s just never been my fast food of choice. But laughing my head off with some of my favorites over M&M’s McFlurries at 11pm was something I want to do over and over again.
6. Warmer days. We’ve had some sunny, 70-degree days around here! I sat outside all afternoon the day after Easter and got a little sunburn on my arms…and it felt so right!
7. Trellis Beauty. This is a relatively new clean beauty store in North Raleigh, and I finally got to go check it out! Got me some fun goodies to try!
8. Italian Easter desserts. My Italian aunt made a bunch of delicious Italian food for Easter lunch, but my favorite was a traditional apple cake that she made gluten-free just for me. I love that European desserts tend to be a bit less sweet than American ones. Perfect when you’ve already got a full belly.
9. Adult Easter egg hunt. My friend Christie and I battled hundreds of other wackadoodle adults for 15,000 eggs scattered in a field at Dorothea Dix Park. There were some pretty fun prizes to be found, but alas, Christie and I only got candy. Best believe we’ll be back at it next year looking for jewelry boxes.
What’s been bringing you joy lately, friends?
The adult Easter egg hunt sounds like so much fun.
It was! I will definitely be going again next year!
I LOVE your new tattoo and I really need to check out Trellis!! Where in Raleigh is it? Is it too far from South Durham?
Thank you!! You will love Trellis! It’s in North Raleigh in Lafayette Village. I honestly don’t know how far that is from South Durham! It’s a little bit of a trek for me, but definitely worth doing. 🙂
The egg hunt looks fun! I also love the mini eggs so much!! I snagged a bag after Easter and am just trying to make them last and last!
They are so addictive!!
Your tattoo is ADORABLE! It looks similar to one I have planned! Also, I have no idea about Trellis Beauty!! I have to go check it out ASAP
Thank you!! So excited for your upcoming tattoo!! I thought about mine for 2 years before finally getting it, and I loveeee it! 🙂
Happy late birthday! Bull City Ciderworks is fantastic. And I love your tattoo!
Thank you! 🙂
Happy birthday! I love Bull City Ciderworks; what a great way to celebrate. I’m glad you had a wonderful time.
Thank you! 🙂
I would love to visit Trellis Beauty! I had no idea there was a clean beauty store in Raleigh 🙂
-xo, Azanique | http://www.lotsofsass.com
Trellis is relatively new! You should go…it is amazing!
I love you new tattoo and the way you spent your birthday! Trellis looks amazing, too! I’m Fixin’ To
Thank you! 🙂