Merry Christmas, y’all!! Isn’t this the most wonderful time of the year? I’m such a sucker for it. The festivities, the warmth and laughter, the food, and the general good-naturedness of the season is inviting and contagious. Considering a Christmas-time wedding? There are so many colors (metallics, icy blues, red, green, etc.) and popular motifs (snowflakes, Christmas trees, gingerbread cookies, etc.) associated with the holidays that it helps to just go ahead and pick a specific one to start with and work around that as your base. Today, I’ve done that with one of my favorite wintery motifs: the pinecone! The brown color pairs nicely with traditional evergreen and crimson hues, which makes for a cozy wedding atmosphere. Enjoy!
Pinning images of stunning florals and wedding gowns never gets old, but sometimes you just have to get down to logistics when you’re planning a large event with lots of moving parts. And that’s what all of these articles are about. Here’s what I’m loving around the Internet lately:
4. How to Brand Your Wedding: I struggled so much to do this for my own wedding, probably because I love everything wedding-related! If you’re having trouble focusing in, this is a great read.
5. 8 Wedding Traditions You Might Actually Want to Hold On To: I actually held on to all of them except #7…but I can totally see why couples would want to do that one, too!
6. How to Brace Yourself For Unexpected Wedding Weather: Start thinking about this early, y’all! Also, on an unrelated side note, the photo included in the article (below) is by a photographer from NC!
And while we’re on that topic….
7. 30 Photos of Newlyweds Who Made It Through the Rain: Because if it rains, it rains, and you’re gonna have to find a way to have fun anyway!
What are y’all loving lately? Share with me! Clearly I need to branch out from Loverly…but I just love all of their stuff!
Y’all, can you believe 2014 is drawing to a close?? In some ways, it seems like the year just began…and yet, so much has happened between January 1st and now. For me personally, that includes graduating from my Master’s program, starting this blog (!!), moving to a new city, beginning a new full-time job (unfortunately I don’t just get to sit around blogging all day – sigh), gettin’ hitched, and making lots of wonderful memories with friends and family. And for the world at large, there were lots of weddings in 2014. Lots of love. Lots of celebrating. A lot of commitment, and joy, and new beginnings. Don’t worry though, that’s about as deep and meaningful as this post is going to get…the rest is my light-hearted commentary on my favorite and least favorite wedding details from 2014. Without further ado….
My absolute favorite trends from 2014 weddings:
1. Cookie Favors
Belles!! There is an event going on in Charleston that has the potential to save you lots of cash-ola…
Today’s Internet roundup is all about what happens after the wedding. After all, a marriage is what the wedding is all about in the first place! Here’s what I’m loving lately:
1. The Newlywed’s Guide to Navigating the Holidays. Yup. This has been a challenge for me and Wes, simply because we love all of our family so much and wish we could be in 10 different places at once!
Y’all, I have the sweetest NC wedding to share with you today. Allie and Robert wanted their September wedding to be a meaningful time of worship, and their photos are radiant with love, joy, and friendship. I teared up as I read their story and browsed through their beautiful photos by Wendy Yang Photography. Enjoy!
It’s the most wonderful time of the year! I’m talking, of course, about engagement season, which runs from Thanksgiving to Valentine’s Day. I don’t know that I’ve ever seen any hard data to support the claim that the holidays yield higher-than-normal engagement rates (and I didn’t get engaged during engagement season my own self), but strictly anecdotally speaking, it does seem like engagements pop up all over Facebook this time of year. Regardless of whether you’re hoping for a rock on your ring finger in the next few months, I think you’ll enjoy taking a peek at these unique rings I’ve stumbled upon (and gushed over) recently. And if you decide that you just want to treat yo’self and snatch one of these up, significant other in the bag or not, I’ll be the first to support to such a choice. Take a look at all of this gorgeousness:
1. This pear-shaped, rose cut silver diamond branch ring by PointNoPointStudio. Oh my gosh. I love the rugged texture of the band, which is cast from an actual tree branch. And, the designer claims to use eco-friendly, sustainable, ethically sourced materials. Win win win win win. $2,500
Marriage equality in the Palmetto State has been a long time comin’ ever since a ruling from the Fourth Circuit Court of Appeals earlier this year effectively legalized same-sex marriage in Virginia. The Fourth Circuit also has jurisdiction over South Carolina. Under an order by U.S. District Judge Richard Gergel, gay marriages in SC were to officially being on Thursday, November 20th. However, our friends down South apparently got a little giddy over all the love being spread and started marrying couples a day earlier, some news outlets are reporting. The first wedding was held in Charleston.