1. For the Love Podcast Episode 6: Glennon Doyle. I’ve been listening to Jen Hatmaker’s podcast for a while now, but for some reason episode 6 had never downloaded to my phone (probably because I didn’t have enough available space at the time…a recurring problem for this photo/podcast hoarder). I just now downloaded and listened to it. Y’all already know that I’m a huge fan of Glennon AND Jen, so naturally I adored this podcast episode. So many nuggets of true wisdom about life, love, and creating good in the world. Definitely worth your time to listen!
2. Successfully learning to use a menstrual cup! Sorry if this is TMI for some of you, but seeing as how half of the world’s population deals with periods at some point in their lives, I’m not shying away from this topic. To be completely honest, I have been TERRIFIED of trying to learn how to use a menstrual cup. I finally decided to do it because a) the environment and b) I wanted to prove I wasn’t a scaredy cat. Well, I DID IT (this is the cup I bought), and I’m super proud. I haven’t used it enough to authoritatively say that I love it or that it has changed my life, but I think things are headed in that direction. Are y’all interested in a full post on this topic once I’ve got enough experience under my belt to write one? Let me know, and I’ll do it!
3. Yoga with Jacq. I posted about Jacq’s heart opening yoga video in my last Small Joys post. I’ve tried a bunch of her other yoga flows and am loving all of them. Her flows go at the perfect pace for me, which is always a huge factor in determining whether I like a certain yoga instructor. And, I always feel like I’ve stretched in just the right places after one of her videos.
4. Snow days in December. I realize this is old news by now, but I haven’t published a Small Joys post since it snowed in NC in December! It was so rare and beautiful and glorious. I love a good snow day, especially during the holiday season!
5. My husband finally learned how to stuff a stocking. So proud of his growing gift-giving habits. Let’s just say that past stockings have been a little…. sad looking. A miniature candle and a single tube of chapstick do not a full stocking make. Not that the number or size of the gifts in your stocking truly matter, AT ALL. But, at the same time, I definitely do not hate receiving a nicely stuffed stocking. You don’t have to buy a lot to accomplish this. Just take a leaf out of my husband’s book and put a bottle of wine in the stocking, and you’re well over halfway done. Top it off with some candy and an iPhone charger (and a second one for yourself, of course) and voila! A stocking stuffed full of your special person’s favorite things!
6. Celebrating my mom’s birthday. My mom just had a big milestone birthday, and it was fun to celebrate with her (though believe me, the celebrations are not yet over!). We finally managed to score a reservation at Bida Manda while she was in town. The best food + even best-er people who I am blessed to have another year with = the bestest!
7. Weleda Skin Food. I got a small trial tube of this in some sort of sample box, and it is saving my skin right now. Winter has not been kind to my legs. Well…I can’t entirely blame it on winter. I have also not been kind to my legs. Once shorts weather ends for the year, I tend to neglect my legs to the fullest extent by failing to use lotion entirely until shorts weather re-enters in the late spring. The skin on my shins looks like an actual desert this year, to the point where it has actually scared me into action. Normal lotion does pretty much nothing. But this Weleda cream seems to be helping!
8. The Twilight movies. I’m almost a little embarrassed by this, but not enough to not talk about it. Most of the Twilight movies came out when I was in college, and my girlfriends and I swooned over Robert Pattinson and Taylor Lautner. This time around, my unlikely watching partner is no other than Wes Hubby. He had only ever seen the first movie, so naturally we needed to fix that. We got sucked right in after starting the first one. The movies are so bad at times, but then they’re also so good….you know?
9. These hilarious tweets about Southern accents. Crying over #17.
Okay friends, that’s all for today. But tell me in the comments: What’s bringing you joy lately?
P.P.S. – This post may contain affiliate links, which means that I may receive a small commission if you purchase a product using a link from this post. Read more here about my disclaimers/disclosures.