1. Tate’s cookies. They make some of my favorite gluten-free chocolate chip cookies! They are perfectly crispy and buttery. Gluten lovers also adore them! Just make sure you buy the gluten-free version, as Tate’s also makes regular gluten cookies.
2. The Enneagram. I have always loved taking personality tests. While they are certainly not without faults, I find that, in general, they help me learn something about myself and/or affirm me for experiencing life the way that I do. I recently took a short online version of the Enneagram and have been thinking a lot about my results and discussing them with the hubs. We have found it to be an interesting and helpful tool!
3. Bold Rock Carolina Apple. My current favorite cider! It is crisp and the perfect amount of sweet. So refreshing on a hot day. And, it’s made in the Blue Ridge Mountains of NC!
4. Lake days. Summer was meant to be spent in the sun! The lake has been a very happy place for me this summer. I have spent a good bit of time paddling and sunbathing on the paddle board, which always makes me feel like Moana.
5. Mountain days. We are so lucky in NC to have beaches, lakes, AND mountains! We were just up in the mountains this past weekend with friends, and it was so refreshing. The air there is so pure.
6. Grilled romaine hearts. As we savor these last weeks of summer, I want everything grilled! I had grilled romaine at a restaurant awhile back, and this past week it occurred to me to try it at home when I saw romaine hearts on sale at the grocery store. Cut the hearts in half, drizzle with olive oil, sprinkle with seasoned salt, then grill for 5 minutes or so. Then squeeze some fresh lemon over it. Heaven!
7. This blog! Having my new blog name + design has been a major source of joy for me lately. Thanks to everyone for all of the positive feedback and encouragement!
What are the little things that y’all have been grateful for lately?
Love your new blog and the new joy you have found with it. Sometimes all we need to do it take a step back to renew our passions.
I love these lists! Bold Rock Cider is my favorite too! They’re not as heavy and sweet as some other brands, which I really love. Grilled romaine hearts sound incredible; I’ll have to try making them sometime soon.
i have just started getting into the Enneagram and i’m fascinated by it! love this post!
I will definitely have to try grilling romaine hearts! I love grilling everything, haha!
Your new blog is great. I will have to try some of the things you listed like the grilled romaine hearts.
I love this idea for a blog post. It’s so nice to take time and enjoy the little things in life 🙂 I haven’t tried Bold Rock but I do love a good hard cider so I’m definitely going to give it a try.
I haven’t heard of Enneagram before but will definitely be checking it out! Trying my best to hold onto the summer while I can, but Fall is one of my fave seasons. It’s the winter that I am dreading 🙁
Beautiful blog design by the way! I just recently revamped my blog design and it is exciting to finally have it up.
Love Bold Rock! Life is full of simple pleasures if you just stop to notice as you have done so beautifully here. Great post!
Beautiful blog! Congrats! And I love that we have so many options for adventure in NC!
Hooray for new posts under the new blog name! Mmm I’m definitely a cider type of gal, and Bold Rock is delicious! I just had some of their peach cider recently, which is sweeter but great for summer 🙂
I love this blog post! I will have to try some of the things on your list!
Oh those cookies would definitely bring me a bit of joy. Those would have to by my Mommy Only treats 😉