Y’all, I think I could write an entire post about the little joys from this weekend alone. I love this time of year! Twinkly lights, holiday parties, festive desserts, and cheery drinks are my jam. It’s been an easy season for finding joy!
1. Christmas lights. I’ve already mentioned it, but it’s worth saying again. All of these twinkly lights have made me so excited! I’ve put shots of some of my favorite neighborhood lights up on Insta stories, and y’all seem to be loving it, too!
2. Christmas ornaments. Yes, these get their own separate mention from the Christmas lights. I’m on team hodge podge Christmas tree (the matchy matchy trees tend to feel too impersonal to me), and Wes and I decorate ours with lots of nostalgic ornaments from our childhood. Our tree proudly displays several Barbies, a pickle, a gumball-and-pipe-cleaner spider, a cinnamon star that is missing one arm after a run-in with my childhood cat, and, to top it all off, a terrifying stunning angel tree topper that Wes made when he was a toddler. Of course, we also have some truly beautiful ornaments, like Museum of Modern Art snowflakes, crystal bells, and a glass ball containing strips of our wedding invitation. Finally, there are pricelessly sentimental ornaments like this one that bring more than a few tears to my eyes. Our tree is not lacking in personality. I adore it!
3. SHAIR podcast episode 47: Dope Sick with Cole Chance. Cole Chance is a yoga instructor with YogaTX, and I have really been loving her yoga YouTube videos. In this podcast, Cole talks about how she finally overcame years of addiction and the role that yoga played in her recovery. I highly recommend listening! Such an inspirational story.
4. Fleece pajama pants. Is there anything better when it’s 30 degrees outside? Nope.
5. Murder mysteries. I recently attended my first murder mystery party, and it was a super fun experience! Though, I found it difficult to stay in character while also trying to interview others, piece together clues, and solve the mystery. In a fun twist of events, I actually turned out to be the murderer!
6. Ugly Christmas sweaters. These parties never get old to me. We always did tacky Christmas parties in college (not just limited to sweaters), and it was my absolute favorite. Wes and I found some fabulously tacky sweaters this year and ended up winning the couples category at our church’s ugly sweater party.
7. Secco Cranberry. If you know me in real life, you’ve likely already heard me talk about this. It is cranberry flavored Prosecco, it is $4.99 at Trader Joe’s, and it is DELICIOUS. So light and refreshing! And seasonal! The perfect inexpensive beverage to take to your next Christmas party! I really wish I was making commission on all of the bottles of Secco Cranberry I’ve convinced others to buy. I’d be rolling in the dough!
That’s all for now, friends. Comment and let me know what’s been bringing you joy lately!
P.S. – You can check out previous Small Joys posts here.