The things that have been bringing me joy lately:
1. Simple Truth Sweet Potato Chips. All of my friends and family are probably sick of hearing me talk about how much I love Kroger. But seriously. They have the best prices and a huge selection of organic/gluten-free/natural products. Their Simple Truth line is free from 101 artificial preservatives and ingredients and is often organic as well. I have been buying Simple Truth products for awhile but just recently tried the sweet potato chips. Oh, y’all. So good. Especially paired with pimiento cheese (is that weird?).
2. Snow days. I always love having a snow day or two each winter, and luckily I have had a couple recently. The world is always so quiet and peaceful with snow. I also love an excuse to stay inside in my pajamas all day.
3. My annual book recap blog post. It’s always so much fun and gets me amped up about what books I’m going to read this year. I’m already two books into 2018. What else should I add to my reading list?
4. Scandal. Obviously I’m late to the Scandal party (so typical…I am very pop culture illiterate). I recently finished the book Year of Yes by Shonda Rhimes, who is the writer of Scandal, and that got me interested. I’m not a big TV watcher, but every now and then hubby and I will sit down to watch a show. Most recently we had worked our way through the entire series of Friends, so we were in need of something new. I was hooked on Scandal after the first episode!
5. Egg-less cookie dough. I made a double batch of this recipe for my besties when they came to visit, and we certainly didn’t leave much left in the bowl!
6. Brunch. I’ve had two really awesome brunches with friends recently. There is no better food than brunch, am I right??
7. Rufus snuggles. I mean, this is constantly a small joy, but especially with these cold, lazy mornings we’ve been having.
What’s bringing you joy lately, friends?
P.S. – You can see previous Small Joys posts here.
P.P.S. – I was not compensated for this post in any way. All opinions are my own! This post does contain referral links, which means that if you click on a link and purchase a product, I may receive compensation.