Here are all of the little things that have been bringing me joy lately!
1. My birthday month! March is the month of my birth, and it always makes me so excited. I have this affinity with March, like she is a close friend. She feels comfortable and happy and familiar and sparkly. Hey, March! Glad you’re here!
2. Book club babies! Three ladies in my book club (aka 1/4 of the book club) are pregnant and due in July/August! We had a surprise book club baby shower for them recently complete with baskets of books for the babies and some baby/book-themed snacks. So much fun!
3. Pecan pie. Who says it has to be exclusive to Thanksgiving? I actually froze a few pieces after Thanksgiving when I had more food in my refrigerator than I could ever eat, and I have been savoring a piece every now and then the past couple of months. Heaven! (P.S. – It’s pee-can, not puh-cahn, in case you were wondering.)
5. Born a Crime by Trevor Noah. I know I should probably save this for my annual book review post, but I am just too excited to wait. This book is AMAZING. I learned so much about South Africa, and I laughed my tail off. Please read it. Even better, listen to the audiobook version! Trevor himself reads it, and it is phenomenal!
4. Warmer weather! Today is a little chilly, but we’ve had some amazing 60 and 70 degree days lately. I’ve really been enjoying walks with Wes and Rufus!
6. Garland. I finally got to check out Indian/pan-Asian restaurant Garland in downtown Raleigh recently with a group of friends, and ohhhhh, man. It is SO good. Can’t wait to go back a million more times.
7. Valentine’s Day. I’m rewinding a few weeks here to some great Valentine’s Day memories. Hubby and I have a tradition of taking his grandmother out to dinner each year on Valentine’s Day. We always have such a great time! She is going to be 98 years old this year, and she gamely ventured out with us on one of the most hectic dining days of the year for fancy tapas at Vidrio. We love you, Grandmommie!
8. Wizarding World of Harry Potter. Honestly, this is more of a HUGE joy instead of a small joy, but regardless, I am thrilled to absolute pieces that I got to experience Universal’s Wizarding World of Harry Potter this past month. All of my childhood dreams came to life as I strolled along Diagon Alley and tried butterbeer (which, by the way, is DISGUSTING). I want to go back every single day!!
What’s been bringing you joy lately, friends?
P.S. – You can see previous Small Joys posts here.
P.P.S. – I was not compensated for this post in any way. All opinions are my own! This post does contain referral links, which means that if you click on a link and purchase a product, I may receive compensation.
Ommm the baby book shower is the cutest idea! You can never have too many books! Also, Harry Potter World is too fun. I didn’t like the Butter Beer though. Maybe if it were real beer…. Happy Early Birthday 🙂
Thanks!! And I am so with you on the Butterbeer!
These small joys made an impact for you and others. I especially liked how you spend Valentine’s Day with your Grandma. How sweet!
Thanks, Leslie! It is one of our favorite traditions. 🙂
Happy birthday month! Those baby shower baskets are so cute! And Harry Potter World is always a good time. I went when it first opened, so I haven’t seen all the new additions and I would love to go back sometime soon.
Thanks so much, Kate! And yes…you need to go back!! It is simply amazing!
I am also so excited about warmer weather! The past two weeks have felt like spring in full swing.
-xo, Azanique | http://www.lotsofsass.com
I know, I love it!! 🙂
Happy Birthday Month! I never realized so many of my friends were born in March so you are in great company. 🙂 I also think it’s too cute that you and your husband take his grandmother out on Valentine’s Day. How cute is that!
Thanks so much, Ashley! We March babies are pretty awesome! 😉