Here are all of the little things I’m grateful for lately:
1. Minimal negative effects from Hurricane Florence. Several days before Hurricane Florence hit the Carolinas, the direct path of the storm was headed straight for our house in the Triangle area. The storm ended up shifting south, and we had very minimal effects…just some brief power loss. We are so grateful that things ended up not being as bad in our area as the forecasters originally thought. Still, my thoughts go out to all of those who did have terrible impacts from the storm!
2. A new pair of Rothy’s. I purchased my second pair of Rothy’s several weeks ago and love, love, love them! I went for plain black since my current pair of black flats was looking pretty dilapidated. I worried that plain black was a “boring” choice, but I ultimately decided that they would be practical if nothing else. I have already worn them nearly every day! They are so comfy. If you want to purchase a pair of Rothy’s for yourself, use this link for $20 off your first pair. I have my eyes on a pair of their sneakers next! Oh, and to read my full review on my Rothy’s, click here.
3. It’s fall, y’all! It is no secret that I am generally not a huge fan of fall. It may be my least favorite season, but I am trying to see the positives and (maybe) get a little excited this year rather than bummed. Pumpkins are cute! And I won’t say no to walking my dog in the evening without sweating several gallons!
4. Weekend trips. The past 6 weeks or so have brought lots of fun weekend trips, including a getaway to Bald Head Island, a visit with family, a weekend at Smith Mountain Lake, and a wedding celebration that powered on despite the hurricane outside! We have had a lot of fun adventures!
5. A bachelorette surprise. I got to help surprise a friend with a bachelorette party, which was the biggest joy! The look on her face when she realized what was going on was priceless!
6. My 4th wedding anniversary. Hubby and I celebrated our 4th wedding anniversary by getting takeout Chinese and going to bed early. #old. It was honestly the perfect, low key night that we needed after a busy week. He also sent me flowers at work that day, which is actually the first time I’ve received flowers from him! It was a fun and beautiful surprise. Almost as beautiful as getting to wake up to his sweet face every day.
7. The Cow Who Said Wow! My brother-in-law published this children’s book last year. I recently had the opportunity to gift it to a neighbor for his second birthday. It was precious to hear his giggles while he repeatedly pressed the button to hear the “wow” sound!
What’s bringing you joy lately, friends? Let me know in the comments!
P.S. – This post may contain affiliate links, which means that if you click on a link and purchase a product, I may receive compensation. I’m all about conscious consumerism, and I encourage you to only buy things that you need and/or love. If you do decide to purchase a product that was featured on the blog, I appreciate you purchasing through my links so that I can keep Fairly Southern up and running. Thank you, friend!
Love all of these! The cooler weather is DEFINITELY bringing me joy – It is such a thrill to be able to work out in the yard or, as you said, take a walk without feeling like I’m going to keel over from heat exhaustion. Also, I don’t hate the pumpkin spice candle I’ve been burning lately while I work!
Hooray, so glad the new season is bringing you joy! 🙂