1. For the Love Podcast Episode 6: Glennon Doyle. I’ve been listening to Jen Hatmaker’s podcast for a while now, but for some reason episode 6 had never downloaded to my phone (probably because I didn’t have enough available space at the time…a recurring problem for this photo/podcast hoarder). I just now downloaded and listened to it. Y’all already know that I’m a huge fan of Glennon AND Jen, so naturally I adored this podcast episode. So many nuggets of true wisdom about life, love, and creating good in the world. Definitely worth your time to listen!Read More
All of the little things bringing me joy lately:
1. N.C. State University. It’s not like I’ve ever hated N.C. State, but I’ve never actively liked it, either. I grew up in a split UNC/Duke household and officially began to bleed Carolina blue after attending UNC myself (twice!). But y’all, N.C. State has really earned my respect lately. Read More
Here are all of the little things I’m grateful for lately:
1. Minimal negative effects from Hurricane Florence. Several days before Hurricane Florence hit the Carolinas, the direct path of the storm was headed straight for our house in the Triangle area. The storm ended up shifting south, and we had very minimal effects…just some brief power loss. We are so grateful that things ended up not being as bad in our area as the forecasters originally thought. Still, my thoughts go out to all of those who did have terrible impacts from the storm! Read More
All the little things bringing me joy lately:
1. For the Love Podcast, series 2, episode 5 with Anna LeBaron and Ruth Wariner. So, I’m obviously many months behind on my podcasts, but that doesn’t make this one any less relevant. Y’all, I cried multiple times during this podcast as Anna and Ruth told their incredible stories of escaping from polygamist cults, recovering from abuse, and going on to thrive. It was so inspirational! Read More
Happy holiday weekend, belles! Whether you’re off on a fun adventure, lounging by the pool, or getting cozy with your couch, I hope you’re having a lovely one! Here are all of the little things I’m grateful for lately:
All the little things that I’ve been loving lately. 🙂
1. My birthday! I celebrated my birthday in mid-March with mi familia. My parents, my sister, and her boyfriend + pup came up to celebrate with me. We went to Bull City Ciderworks, ate lots of delicious gluten-free food, went shopping, played games, and watched basketball. It was delightful!
Here are all of the little things that have been bringing me joy lately!
1. My birthday month! March is the month of my birth, and it always makes me so excited. I have this affinity with March, like she is a close friend. She feels comfortable and happy and familiar and sparkly. Hey, March! Glad you’re here! Read More
The things that have been bringing me joy lately:
1. Simple Truth Sweet Potato Chips. All of my friends and family are probably sick of hearing me talk about how much I love Kroger. But seriously. They have the best prices and a huge selection of organic/gluten-free/natural products. Their Simple Truth line is free from 101 artificial preservatives and ingredients and is often organic as well. I have been buying Simple Truth products for awhile but just recently tried the sweet potato chips. Oh, y’all. So good. Especially paired with pimiento cheese (is that weird?).
Y’all, I think I could write an entire post about the little joys from this weekend alone. I love this time of year! Twinkly lights, holiday parties, festive desserts, and cheery drinks are my jam. It’s been an easy season for finding joy!
1. Christmas lights. I’ve already mentioned it, but it’s worth saying again. All of these twinkly lights have made me so excited! I’ve put shots of some of my favorite neighborhood lights up on Insta stories, and y’all seem to be loving it, too! Read More